Sunday, September 17, 2006

boys and their toys


Everywhere in my house, I find myself looking for visible spaces of carpet on the floor to maneuver my way through toys. My son has a lot of toys, lately he's been playing with big blocks and duplo which are everywhere. It is not my sons toys that concern me so much though.... My husband has recently been re-aquainted with his childhood hobby of playing with lego. There are tubs, and baggies, and blocks, and unidentified pieces everywhere. He has spent most of his free time in the past few days sorting his lego by colors, shape, body parts, etc. I admit, it is a pain in the neck to have to step over and around the lego to get to the computer , and to avoid resting my arms on the computer desk which is cluttered with lego as we speak- I dont like getting the little pieces stuck to me. It is,however, cute when he comes up to me after an hour of hard work and shows me a lego-dump truck with all the contraptions that could make it somewhat realistic.

It no longer worries me when we go out shopping and Matthew asks me if he can go to the toy store. I dont expect him to take interest in the 'sissy pants baby toys', even though he sometimes he might try to be sneaky by implying he's looking at toys for William. I've come to grips with the fact that my big strong husband is sometimes still a boy at heart, and I wont try to change that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kaili said...

Cute story. Robin still loves all his childhood toys. We went to this place down on the coast called 'toy traders'. Robin was in heaven. They had all the action figures from his childhood and he wanted to buy them. And yes he still loves lego.

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Angella said...

My Matthew also gets in there with the toys. We have MORE TRUCKS than we could ever need...and Matthew wants to start on Lego :)

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Grandma Connie said...

I can hardly wait to build lego castles with William. And William's Daddy can help us! I think we will have some fun with playmobil pirates too!

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home