Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Trial and error

Well, the past few weeks have been filled with me making decisions, trying new things out, changing my mind, making new decisions, and so on....

I now have daycare arranged for William from Monday to Friday, but he's been sick for the past few days, so I've stayed at home with him. My 'plan' was to go back to work part time, and go back to school as well, however I've realized that trying to balance all that out is very difficult. After my first 3 days working at a golf and country club, I've realized I get zero satisfaction from being underemployed. However, I dont have any specific skills or training that I feel entitle me to a better job. So, my current stance is that I will focus on school this semester...and next? who knows. I am so exhausted from trying to figure out what will work out best for us.

On another note, my poor sick little boy is waking up from his much needed snooze- he had a checkup yesterday, and all is well (of course). He's still on the upper end of the weight and height chart. Sometimes I look at him while he's sleeping all stretched out and imagine that the little baby that was growing in me a year ago is practically a little boy.

Also, I would like to welcome my good friend Christina from Germany to the blogging world! http://thingamajic.blogspot.com/
I'm afraid my "Denlgish" (my sad attempt at speaking "Deutsch") is a little rusty, otherwise I would try to translate. Maybe some pictures might make their way on there soon !?!?


Here are a couple cute ones of William, courtesy of Matt's camera cell phone


3 Comments:

Blogger Adele said...

Good to hear from you it's been way too long since we saw pictures of you guys! Hope you manage to find the right balance soon

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Angella said...

So glad to see you've returned!

He is ADORABLE!!!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Good to hear from you again! I hope William will get well soon. I can so much understand your confusion because I spent the last few weeks of my holidays trying to figure out whether I should continue working or focus on my studies - and I don't even have a child (which seems to be a fulltime job itself). I hope you took the right decision for you and your family!

Thanks for the link to my blog - I will put some pictures on there as soon as Timo and I are back from Turkey (we are going tomorrow, for one week).

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home